Sunday, October 13, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello to all, but for my Canadian friends and family, Happy Thanksgiving! 

I walked around the neighbourhood to take pictures on a fabulously warm and sunny Sunday before the Day. Here are a couple of them.
Looks surreal to me, more like a painting, but the plant stretched all around the building to the top of the column.
Pathway through Rieselfeld.
The living room rug under the coffee table was looking quite sad, especially with the new couch set.

I took a taxi (transit would have taken forever) out to a major house furnishings department store and looked for a new one there, nothing, so I walked next door to the Ikea, nothing there either. Pricing at Ikea was radically cheaper than the other store, more so I thought than accounting for quality difference. Taxi cost me 40 Euros return, wasted trip except meeting a driver I had had a couple of times on my trips to the hospital for Bruce, interesting chap who loves to learn languages.

I didn't know where else to look for a rug but did remember buying our lighting for Sevilla on Etsy so looked there. Eureka! Found one! Very pleased with it.
Lexi likes it! Handwoven from Turkey.
Another successful purchase from Etsy and for delivery they use DPD which has an excellent tracking system giving you a half an hour window for delivery time.

In the fall we get fabulous sunsets here, actually sunrises too, but they are not quite as dramatic. 
Sunset!
Happy Thanksgiving! 

Cheers, Bev and Lexi Cat.



No comments:

Post a Comment