Sunday, August 1, 2021

Hello August!

I found out that Chada Thai is now open for Sunday lunch when it hadn’t been before so Christoph and I went and sat outside under the trees there for our usual choices. Sweet and sour veg and chicken dish for him and Pad Thai for me, these never get old and are always to the same high standards. Our servers recognized us with smiles under their masks. Just like everyone, everywhere, this occasion was something we took for granted being able to do 18 months ago and now is considered a treat. We walked the Botanical gardens after for a bit where they showcase plants from different areas of the world. Nice sunny but not too warm day out after last weeks rain as a result of the torrential rains in western Germany. 


Christoph wanted to visit the Landerer winery which we have visited for years now. I thought he had made an appointment but didn’t so he called her from working in the fields and she sold us a couple of cases. She was ashamed of her dirty fingers and I assured her that was not to be ashamed of, she’d been working. She said she had finished the work in the office and went to the fields which she loves. Honestly what I found unusual to me was she was wearing ballet type shoes with bows, they were dusty so assuming they were worn in the field, she also arrived by bicycle. Anyway as always a good but short visit, she had to cook lunch for the field hands who come from Poland and have been working with them for years. 


The next post will come to you from Dijon, my flat partners are coming here for a couple of months which is long overdue for them due to the pandemic. 


Unusual things seen from my windows: a stray balloon in the sky, the storks chasing the haying equipment, a fox in the field, two horses and horse and cart going down the pathway to the Mundenhof, lots and lots of birds visiting the balconies, they love the rain.

Lavender, now finished to be cut this week

Grasshopper, it was the time, rescued three in a few days.

Stray balloon, just floating.





On the balcony

Yes, another sunset, I have dozens of pictures of them.

Watching Canadian news and seeing the wildfire dangers makes me wish I could send some of Germany’s rain to Canada! July has been quite cool and wet. 

Cheers, Bev and the soon to be travelling Lexi Cat

 



No comments:

Post a Comment