Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Summer Living in Freiburg

 The other day I played "tourist in your own town". Victoria, BC  used to have a similar program for residents but I went on my own. I go downtown frequently but this time I took my camera to the Munstermarkt. Timing was deliberately early in the day and a weekday to avoid the heat and tourists. Here are some pictures. https://muenstermarkt.freiburg.de/

Purple flowers in front are blooming artichokes.

 
The red building is  Historisches Kaufhaus, once owned by a group of merchants in the 17th century, vans in front owned by venders in the market.

The largest flower vendor

Living wall covering the garbage station at the back of a hotel.

This fellow is made entirely out of denim, found at a sewing shop.

Escapee from the "window"

Unusual to see, mostly we see the next picture or a version of it.

Setting on a cloudy day.

That's all for now. At the market I had a nice visit with Ellen who sells olive wood products, and a good walk around. There are not many new vendors, but maybe the newer ones sell there on the weekends. 

Thank you Crina, my friend and cleaner



1 comment:

  1. I like the concept of tourist in my own town. Thank you sharing. Miss you.

    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete