Sunday, October 6, 2024

September in Freiburg and a Visit by VIPs to me!

 There was an artisan market downtown with what the advertising said had over 50 artists exhibiting. I didn't find that many but I did buy this wall hanging which is felted. My attempt at felting years ago made me appreciate the effort it takes to craft.


It is by Atelier Nicole Basien and I enjoy it every day!

'
Liked the "movement" in this statue, didn't get the artist's name. 


My sister and brother-in-law came to visit me! They live in Okotoks, Alberta which is south of Calgary. Mike and Phyl were on a bike/boat tour going north of Karlsruhe, Germany and then traveled by train up to Amsterdam to visit Mike's auntie, then here in Freiburg. They were here for three full days and it rained pretty much the entire time, darn it. We walked around downtown anyway, lunched out, and the last day bused to Bad Krozingen through mountain villages. I was happy to get an update on their adult children's lives with the biggest news that all three are having babies in December, now that will be exciting. It was a great visit! Here are some pictures.




Mike proclaimed he doesn't take selfies very often but I think he did pretty well.


A short but lovely visit... Big thanks to Phyl and Mike for the visit and the photos!

I have been working on my wall art, hence the felted piece but also have a few of my pictures printed on canvas to hang yet. Finally I am cleaning up the iCloud storage of over 2000 pictures, hmm think I should have tackled that project sooner? Yes...


Another sunset, sorry, can't stop taking them.

Cheers, Bev and Lexi Cat



1 comment:

  1. And all your photos are awesome! Time for more storage. -Jeff

    ReplyDelete