Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Visit to Bad Krozingen and a Crane


Depiction of before they get to the healing baths and after

Went back into the Kaiserstuhl with Christoph on a Sunday. He was a bit later than he wanted to be so first up was lunch, as usual. We decided Greek food at Griechisches Sonne - Corfu, would make a nice change so headed for Bad Krozingen about 15 minutes south of Freiburg by car. Note, we took the bus there the first year and it stopped at all the little villages along the way so it took about an hour but was a very lovely drive. Only problem was our driver was in a hurry I’d guess because he thought he was a race car driver, hmm, not so comfortable in a bus. Took the train back and while not as scenic, only took about 15 minutes. Bad Krozingen is a spa town with many clinics and bath waters to heal all ails. 

Pretty window boxes

Anyway the Greek food was excellent, again, large portions so Bruce and I shared a plate of really nicely cooked lamb. Then we walked a bit and looked at the church which was beautiful. 

Lovely, detailed altar

Then through the water park, water not on, and had a coffee. It was the perfect day temperature wise so nice to be out in it.

Rathaus, or City Hall
Door of the Rathaus, liked the angels, one writing the other playing

Downtown on a sunny day, yippee! Town was busy for a Monday and the Snipes store had a 70% sale on so there were lineups and body guards outside letting in a few at a time. I’ll bet the clerks were pleased about that. We had lunch at a pub next door to it and I’m amazed at the amount of product that left with people. I’ve never been in the store myself but gather it’s mostly trendy running gear which of course is why I’ve never been in! Trendy? running? not I. 

Went up to the Rewe just to get some plums for Bruce, they are especially nice right now, after a bit of walking I headed to the tram stop, Bruce went ahead, then I see him beetling back to me as I’m dragging my butt, to offer a glass of wine, yes please! We are sitting there and a woman started talking to us in English. We figure she may have been a teacher at some point because she gave us some history of the Balkan area where she is from. She was interesting and it was another great encounter. 


The building next to us has been scaffolded over the outdoor stairway since we’ve been back and of course we wondered why because no one ever seemed to work on it. Well I think I saw some painters one day but it’s still shrouded. On a weekday I looked out to find a large crane and several fellows. 

Bruce said it looks like an alien bug!

They were moving large glass panels to the roof of the building. The crane had a machine attached with four large “suction cups” to hold the glass. Hours later and the crane has moved on but the fellows remain doing what? Speculation on our part is they are glassing in the stair case… we'll let you know for those curious.

All for now, Cheers Bx2 and Lexi Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment