Friday, March 29, 2024

Creativity and a Marathon

This is the building mid-tear down.

I walk by this building frequently and never fail to admire the artwork that surrounds the site. It's a creative attempt to camouflage what, for now, is an ugly building site. It also captures the passion and movement of flamenco dance and music. What it fails to address is the tremendous noise and dust coming from it. Pepe's mom's local cafe is across the street, I don't see her there as often these days, maybe she goes after the work has stopped.



The following articles tell the story and show what it will look like, pretty swanky in my opinion.

https://euroweeklynews.com/2020/12/12/historic-seville-police-station-to-become-5-star-hotel/

https://www.iberian.property/news/archive/seville-municipality-sold-a-police-station-to-trinitario-casanova/

The Zurich marathon was back in town so I went to watch for a bit and took these pictures. People ran with strollers, dogs, balloons and all matter of costumes, even in sandals, huh? 

Little one dressed for the occasion.



More information about it in this link. I think there were more participants this year than any other. It is popular because the route is completely flat and winds around much of the historic centre which gives the runners an eye full.

https://en.zurichmaratonsevilla.es/zen-recorrido

I've had the opportunity to get out for lunch a couple of times, so happened, both in one week, not complaining. There is a relatively new Korean restaurant in the space vacated by an American burger joint called Peggy Sue's. Personally I am happy about this new one, much better than the old and it is very close by my apartment, tasty take-away opportunity! Pepe, Marta, Daniel and I enjoyed yummy food and had a good catch up. 

The second was with my neighbours on the ground floor, Leonor and John at a rather upscale restaurant in the Museo Plaza. What I didn't know when I suggested it is that it is their local. Food was, as usual, great and service was better than it has been in the past for me mainly because John and Leonor knew some of the waiters.

The orange blossoms are out and spreading their hypnotic scent over the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment