Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! 

A bit about my Grandfather who I received Irish citizenship from. He worked at the Guinness brewery as a young man and rode a bike to work. His tires would be frequently pierced by the women in the plant with their hat pins because he was quite the rogue. I don’t know what date he moved to Canada or much in-between but he farmed in Brentwood Bay and then moved to a bungalow that my father built for him and my Nan and Pop as we called them. He would watch soap operas in the basement of the home in the afternoons and drink a dram of scotch. It was a very great pleasure to know him in my childhood, to have him in my life, and I wonder what he would have thought of me getting my Irish citizenship. Whit/Bruce and I did visit the relatives in Ireland a few years ago and had a wonderful time with them. One cousin was an almost duplicate of my father right down to mannerisms but he had a wife that talked more than he did, much like my parents. We saw learned more of the history of the family and they were very welcoming to us. 

Just this for now but this last week Lexi and I spent six days in the city of Cadiz. I did a food tour which was great and explored the city. It was a really good change of pace and only an hour and a half by train south of Sevilla. So you know what my next blog entry will be about, maybe two. 

Cheers, Bev and Lexi Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment